“Women Empowerment and Linkages” in Molar Bund,
Taimoor Nagar and Subhash Camp,
Saahasee has been involved in partnering with various agencies within the three above
mentioned slums and has also brought about basic infrastructure facilities into the
communities. A range of services are therefore visible that are available on request within
the community and they are in the form of skill development courses and livelihoods.
Highlights of the Programme
1. Strong vocational training options are being provided like tailoring, beauty parlor,
making of jute items etc. Women are engaged in livelihoods through home based enterprises that they open either for further training or for market servicing.
2.Provide access and training on various government schemes and provision of certificates for various needs like Aadhar card, SC/ST certificate, OBC Certificate, Pan
Card, Income Certificate, Birth Certificate etc…
3. Youth have been employed in public sector companies and agencies through
linkages of Sahaasee with various market institutions.
4. We have been able to help women come out from their homes through our vocational training programmes.
5. IBCs have been formed and education committee helps many dropout children to
get admission in MCD, Govt. schools etc.
6. Linkages and networking with various health providing organizations to restart child
immunizations which was stopped since last 6 years in the target areas.
7. On the intervention on tuberculosis through our DOTs center, 76 T.B patients are currently being treated and 98 have been cured from tuberculosis.
8. People have started to really walk in the project office to seek guidance on family matters and counseling. The behavior pattern has changed to access more of
Saahasee for their help.
9. The agencies around us have started to link up on various issues related to services the community and are coming up ahead to partner with us.